A foreign drivers’ licence will be translated within two working days. The translations conform with the requirements for all valid documents in Australia and are only performed by certified translators recognised by the Australian government.
How can I get a translation?
• Make the payment
• You can pay online by card even if you don’t have a PayPal account
• Send us a photo of both sides of your licence to firstname.lastname@example.org (even photos from your phone will suffice)
• You will receive your NAATI certified licence translation via email after two or three business days
• Print your licence and keep a copy with you in your wallet.
• You are ready to drive down under!
Can I drive with my foreign licence in Australia?
The answer is yes and no. With a temporary visa (tourism, working holiday visa and student visa) your foreign licence should be valid for at least three months down under.
However it is also true that, in order to avoid misunderstandings or fines in Australia it is best to be prepared.
For $57 before departing, you can save on unforeseen costs which are often much higher.
Another option is to go to the Motor Authority and apply for an International licence. It costs around 70 euros and is valid for one year.
Or you can convert your Italian licence to an Australian licence, which costs around $70 and is valid for three years. We have tried all the options and our opinion is the translation of your licence is the easiest, fastest and most cost-effective option!